Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Chakalaka Dinner

We had a dinner from another country. It was pretty disgusting. The porridge was just cornmeal mixed with boiling water. The cornmeal porridge was called Papa. And we had spicy vegetables called Chakalaka. That's the title of my post. It had onions, green peppers, baked beans, carrots and tomatoes and chili peppers. Do you know why I know all this? Because I helped make it! My brother and I cut the green peppers and chopped the carrots. But Mom did the rest. I didn't want to taouch the onions because I knew they would make me cry. My littlest brother wanted to help. He cut some green peppers but he also snuck some onion that Mom already cut. He wiped his eyes when his hands had onion juice on it and his eyes burst with tears. After that, Mom had to move the onions up to the counter. When dinner was ready, it smelled blah. The porridge was like playdough. My brother, Mr. Funny was playing with his and my littlest brother, Mr. Tickle, was throwing his in his cup. I feel bad for the people in Lesotho who can't go to the store to buy great, yummy food like Cheetos and other delicious stuff. If I could, I would adopt a sister from Lesotho so that she wouldn't have to eat Papa with Chakalaka ever again.
Gotta go! See you later, alligator!
Oh, before you go, take a look at some hilarious pictures I took of my brothers.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, Malia! What a great experience for you to be able try this different food. I'm sure you are feeling very grateful at every meal. I'm feeling grateful just reading about it! Maybe when you grow up you can adopt a sister long distance! That's what I did. I adopted a little girl named Sukrou from Africa! We write letters and she sends me pictures. It's cool.
    I like your pictures too!! You have very funny brothers.
    I love you and miss you! Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Malia. That dinner sounds yucky. We are very blessed to live in a country where there is good food; and plenty of it. Those are some good picks. Talk to you later. Love Uncle Ju.

    ReplyDelete